Cutting to the Bone, Perfume Genius.

Put Your Back N 2 It continues to enthral, accentuated still as one of the LPs of the year of which we've now bitten off a sizeable quarter. Indeed it currently ranks 5th on WNYE's the Alternate Side Top 20, the NYC station for which Perfume Genius recently pained his way through Katie. Of the track he mirthlessly declares: "It’s fun to play for me... Well, it’s not fun at all, actually. It’s one of the heaviest songs that I’ve written. It’s not fun. But sometimes ‘fun’ for me is feeling like I threw up afterwards." A bona fide gut-wrencher, Hadreas laments: "I can't believe you/ It would cut me to the bone/ To know I let that man in our home/ Not my baby, no!/ Katie not you", his voice slithering over palpable despair. Miraculous it never made Put Your Back N 2 It tracklisting.

Perfume Genius plays The Great Escape next month along with a handful of sold out shows at St. Pancras Old Church...