Derwin 4 The Win, Gold Panda.

Not so much a new one per se as 'a track I made on a korg es-1 in about 10mins and jammed out for my mate called "Infinite Livez" to freestyle on at a last minute gig/dj set thing in Berlin a while back', 4 comprises fewer instrumental minutes of Gold Panda's stereotypical bliss. Derwin continues: 'I hadn't eaten much and also had to dj and I'm a shit dj but I just played a bunch of records anyway and Inf' helped me out by freestyling for me' and as per, that he may so effortlessly exude this slight euphoria borders on becoming irksome for anyone incapable of such stuff. A minor deviation from the expansive, openly Asiatic stylings of still-epic 2010 debut full-length Lucky Shiner, 4 veers a little closer to the organic electronica of Four Tet, all snare shots and open hi-hats, albeit via mellow brass and what sounds like a wondrously unhinged zither. Freeform and, as ever, beautifully formed however long it may have taken to compose it'll live longer in memory and perhaps do so indefinitely...

Gold Panda's Soundcloud.